Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Sonoma Travel Guide


As I mentioned before, my mom and I took a trip to Napa and Sonoma over Memorial Day last year to check out wedding venues. While we ended up picking a venue in Central California Wine Country {you can see it here!}, my mom and I had the best time on our girls trip and were able to squeeze in time to check out some local shops, galleries, farmers markets, and of course - tasting rooms. It also didn't hurt that nearly every venue we looked at was a gorgeous vineyard which meant that although we were technically wedding planning we almost always had a glass of wine in hand :)

I really couldn't say if I liked Napa Valley or Sonoma more, as both were beautiful yet felt so completely different. Napa is more refined {but also more touristy}, yet it's hard to beat a drive up the incredibly scenic Napa Valley Highway that offers absolutely breathtaking views at every twist and turn {beware of traffic though!} Sonoma is a little more laid-back, however the town of Healdsburg is an absolute gem and could be one of my favorite small towns in the entire country. If you're planning a trip to California Wine Country I've shared some of my favorite things to eat/see/do in Sonoma, and be sure to check out my Napa Valley Travel Guide as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment