Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Recipe :: Peach Burrata Caprese


When posting recipes I'll often make something a week or two before putting it on my blog, giving me time to edit the photos and tweak the recipe.  However when I made this one on Monday night I knew I just couldn't wait to share it...it's just that good.

In the summer it seems like I simply just can't eat enough peaches, and after seeing a Bon Appétit image with different variations on the standard caprese I decided to give one a shot.  Enter two juicy yellow peaches, a super indulgent burrata cheese, some fresh basil from my garden, a drizzle of olive oil, and a few slices of fresh baguette you've got yourself the perfect dish for a relaxing dinner al fresco.  Seriously, is there anything better than a simple meal made with fresh, high quality ingredients?  And I have to say this one absolutely knocked it out of the park.  It was all Ryan and I could talk about on Monday evening and I've already made the same dish served over fresh arugula for a couple mid-week lunches.  Enjoy!

Peach Burrata Caprese
Serves 2

INGREDIENTS
2 firm but ripe yellow peaches
Burrata, sliced in half {save the other half for lunch!}
Fresh basil
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
Cracked black pepper
*Optional baguette

INSTRUCTIONS
Start by halving and pitting the peaches.  Using a sharp knife, cut peaches in circular vertical slices.  Arrange on plates.

Divide halved burrata in two and spoon onto the center of the peaches.  Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper, and serve with fresh basil and slices of baguette.  Savor the taste of summer, for it will be gone before we know it!


11 comments:

  1. Oh my this sounds SO amazing!! I love simple dishes and this one seems to be so refreshing. I can't wait to give it a try! Maybe with grilled peaches and drizzled with balsamic?!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! There is nothing better than peaches in the summer and I love that this is simple to prepare and refreshing!

    www.livinginsteil.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks simple and incredibly delicious! perfect weekday meal!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly this looks absolutely splendid. I've been craving peaches like mad lately. Just added them to my french toast the other day and it was amazing. Can't wait to try this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummy. I'm going to try it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! I'm trying this out for sure - caprese salads are my favorite, i love the twist on the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allie @ 6000 Miles to HomeAugust 20, 2014 at 3:42 PM

    So so so lovely! Anything with burrata is a YES for me.

    6000milestohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i already know one of my regrets for this summer is going be my lack of picking fresh fruits. unless, of course, i can rectify this really quickly. and if i do i think i am going to go for peaches. our from the store just haven't been very good this year, and really, really want to make this! it looks delicious and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! This looks scrumptious! I just picked up a bunch of peaches from the produce stands out East so I am definitely going to try this! Thanks Molly! Btw....your photos are gorgeous!


    www.taffetaandtulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my - I've been obsessed with burrata every since trying it for the first time in a mozzarella bar in LA. This recipe looks amazeballs and I think I'm going to try it for Labor Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm... I will have to share this recipe with my blog partner, because she was just saying how she has been living on peaches lately!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete