Friday, June 27, 2014

Travel :: Capri, Italy


Ever since our trip to the beautiful Amalfi Coast two years ago I have been dying to go back.  There are some places you visit, love, and check off the list...and there are others that you know you will return to for the rest of your life.  For me, one of those places is the Amalfi Coast.  We stayed in Positano for five days and one of which took a day trip to Capri.  The mythical island was even more stunning than I could have imagined, and our one takeaway from the day is that we just HAVE to go back!  Next time however, I'd like to stay in Capri for at least 3-4 days so we could enjoy it's luxurious hotels, stunning sunsets, top-notch shopping, and fine restaurants.  

We hired a speedboat to take us from Positano to Capri.  The ride along the Amalfi Coast was stunning and worth the cost of the trip itself.  On the way we stopped and swam in grottoes and under the famed Arco Naturale.  Upon arrival to the harbor our captain dropped us off and we spent the day exploring the island.  We hired a driver and our first stop was Mount Solarno.  We took the chair lift to the top of the mountain and were afforded picture-perfect views of the island, cliffs, and surrounding azure waters.  From there we visited The Gardens of Augustus, which personally I thought offered even more spectacular views than Mount Solarno!  That plus the romantic Italian garden, sculptures, and peeks into some absolutely stunning villas made it my must-see in Capri.  Finally we wandered into town and ate Lemon Ice while window shopping at Miu Miu, Prada, and Ferragamo.  By that time it was nearly sunset, so we headed to the harbor and sped back on our boat to Positano, watching the sun go down over the Mediterranean Sea.  La dolce vita!

6 comments:

  1. i love capri. can't wait to go back.
    these pictures are exactly what i need today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Capri... so dreamy! These pics make me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nessa @ Living in SteilJune 27, 2014 at 9:19 AM

    Beautiful shots! The Amalfi Coast is definitely on my list of places to visit. Your trip sounds amazing.

    www.livinginsteil.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to the Amalfi Coast, but oh my goodness do I want to! The pictures are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! Maybe I should add Capri to the list ;)

    ReplyDelete