Thursday, June 5, 2014

Recipe :: Ginger Berry Chia Seed Pudding


After having friends over on Tuesday night and making The Artful Desperado's wickedly delicious {but wickedly sinful} Salted Chocolate Diablo Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, the following morning I felt the need for a super healthy breakfast.  I have been putting Chia Seeds in my smoothies for quite some time {they are packed with fiber and vitamins}, but decided to follow Camille Styles' recipe and make Ginger Berry Chia Seed Pudding...and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results!  I loaded mine with berries and nuts, but I could see a dozen different variations that could easily take it from breakfast to dessert.

Ginger Berry Chia Seed Pudding (Recipe via Camille Styles)
Serves 1

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons almond milk (or the milk of your choice)
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons chia seeds
6 – 8 raspberries, blackberries or blueberries, plus more for topping
1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of kosher salt
Nuts or seeds for topping (I love a mixture of slivered almonds and hemp seeds.)

INSTRUCTIONS
In a mason jar or other container with tight fitting lid, combine almond milk and maple syrup. Shake to combine.

To the jar, add next 6 ingredients. Shake well, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.  During the first 2 hours of chilling, shake well every 30 minutes to evenly distribute the chia seeds.

The pudding is ready when it’s very thick.  Pudding keeps for up to 3 days in the fridge.

7 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm on such a chia kick and definitely want to try incorporating small details like the orange zest. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Molly, gettin fancy! This looks so healthy but I am a chocolate girl when it comes to desserts ;)

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What a simple and healthy snack!

    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, It seems delicious.
    Love this recipe
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds delicious! I've been hesitant about chia seeds because I'm a texture freak and am so picky about food that feels weird...does that make sense? lol everyone makes them look so good in recipes though! I need to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm this sounds good. I'll have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous! I have been meaning to look up a recipe for Chia Pudding since it's been trending on Instagram, but I've been lazy about it. Now I don't have to because I can try yours.
    Love your blog as usual :)
    Xo, Corazón
    http://llipstickwithcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete