Friday, July 19, 2013

Villa Campomaggio


In less than two months my boyfriend and I will be heading to Italy to spend sixteen days in the Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Florence, and Venice.  While I am incredibly excited about each segment of our trip, I cannot stop thinking about our six days in Tuscany.  We will be renting a car and driving through the countryside, staying in various villas, visiting ancient hill towns, tasting wines and olive oils, picnicking, and getting lost in the beauty of the land. 

One of the villas I am most excited about staying in is Villa Campomaggio - the home of an aristocratic family in the 18th century that was converted into a luxury hotel.  It is in the Chianti hills and surrounded by vineyards and woods.  We both love to travel and see as much as we can, but as you know that can be very tiring in itself {last time we came home from Europe I felt like I needed another vacation just to catch up on my sleep!}  So I am especially excited about slowing down a little bit and savoring the little moments in Tuscany.  La dolce vita!


Images via

14 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks so amazing! I will be living vicariously through you and Ryan. La dolce vita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy was so amazing! I was just there!!! We went to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. Have fun, can't wait to see pictures.

    http://www.imupintheair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so glad you loved it madeline! we visited rome and the amalfi coast last year, and i agree, it is wonderful :)

      Delete
  3. Tuscany is beautiful! Enjoy it.

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everybody
    I lived for a year in beautiful Stockholm, and afterwards went back to take photos of people and places. Stockholm is the most beautiful city I have ever lived in - and I have lived in many places! Now I published some of the photos on my blog:
    Thank you so much Stockholm, for everything! Street Style in Stockholm -
    http://alinasavin.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/my-life-in-stockholm.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It such a beautiful house <3

    www.lilyzab.wix.com/lilyzab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this sounds wonderful!!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, lucky you! You are going to have a wonderful vacation! I actually live in Florence :) I've been travelling in the US for the last 2 months, but I'll be back home in a week or so. The Cinque Terre is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. If you want to go to a really good restaurant in Florence, go to "La trattoria dei 13 gobbi", the food is heavenly (and authentic).

    Anett
    http://bellapummarola.blogpspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you SO much for the suggestion annett! we will definitely have to visit la trattoria dei 13 gobbi when we are in florence :)

      Delete