Thursday, July 18, 2013

Taste The Rainbow

How amazing is this installation, titled Plexus no. 19, that Gabriel Dawe created for Miniartextil, an annual contemporary art exhibition in Como, Italy?  Known for his vibrant, three dimensional thread art, Dawe explores color by experimenting with natural light and space. I love the contrast of the whimsical rainbow of colors with the regal, historic villa.  Dawe told My Modern Met, "When the sun comes in in the morning, it is fantastic. Having those window-shaped light beams add a dimension to the installation. I always like when I get direct sunshine on them because it emphasizes the layering of the thread in very interesting ways."  These images are stunning, but I can only imagine how much more breathtaking this installation is in person!

PS - Follow Dreams in HD on bloglovin' here!
Images via  Honestly WTF

2 comments: