Monday, July 22, 2013

A Stylish Living Space

As you know, we recently moved into a new house and I have the exciting chore of decorating it however my little heart desires.  We need quite a bit of furniture {bed, dining table, couch, rugs, lamps, bookshelf, etc.} and despite my desire to have the house photo-ready within a month of moving in, I am trying to restrain myself from buying everything at once.  While it is most certainly nice having ones home completely decorated, I prefer to take my time waiting to find that perfect piece {be it new, antique, or a DIY item}, instead of feeling pressure to just buy, buy, buy.

I have already designed our bedroom and dining room {at least in my head} but our living room is still for the most part a blank canvas.  We live in a rental so obviously we won't be able to make any structural changes, but I am feeling super inspired by this room in regards to the art presentation, organized clutter {I do love a space filled with favorite odds and ends - it feels so homey and lived in}, and eclectic vintage pieces.

PS - Follow Dreams in HD on bloglovin' here!

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do! And I must come visit once it's visitor ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The the book stacking!

    Stunning!

    Nicole
    www.eleganceandclutter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a discerning eye and a great sense of style. Looking forward to the before and after pics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is a wonderful space. I dream of living in a space like this one day.

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. take your time to get everything done... you don't want to get stuck with an item you end up hating later

    ReplyDelete