Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Impressionist Skies

Photographer Matt Molloy stacks hundreds of shots, taken from a time-lapse video, to create images that blend together reality with impressionist art.  His technique gives the clouds a dreamy brush-like, smeared effect.  I am always so inspired by how an artist can take a subject as tried-and true as the sky {I mean, it has been around for eternity} and create a completely unique vision entirely his own.

Haven't seen enough?  More of Matt's amazing work is available here and here.
Images via Honestly WTF and 500px

14 comments:

  1. These images are awesome...His work is crazy cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This artwork is.completely mind blowing! I want to cover my walls with this. Thank you for finding such amazing images to share with us....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is breathtaking. I love all of these pictures. I absolutely love your blog by the way, so fresh and well done. I will definitely be following you via bloglovin, GFC, etc. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thank you soo much mckenna lou!
      i will definitely check out your blog as well :)

      Delete
  4. These are crazy cool!

    :)
    mikky
    www.todaloos.com

    ReplyDelete