Thursday, March 21, 2013

Get Your Read On

Yesterday I posted about my love for books, and in particular the adorable literary-inspired clutches by p.s. Besilos, so today I thought why not continue down this path and talk about bookshelves?  This is one of my absolute favorite design elements in a home; it always adds so much character and personality to a space.  I love going to a persons house and seeing what books they read -- it is like taking a peek into their heart.  I understand why everyone likes their e-readers so much {it's much more convenient on vacation to just slip in your bag versus lugging around multiple hardbacks} but personally I will always buy books, in part because I love the feel of them in my hand as I read, but also so that one day I can hopefully have an entire library like the above!

More bookshelf goodness below!

Images via {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8} {9} {10} {11}

8 comments:

  1. One day I want a bookcase wall like these where I would need one of those cool ladders with the wheels to get to all of them! That would be so much fun! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! These bookshelves are so stunning! Thanks so much for the inspiration =D By the way, I'm hosting a giveaway with Bitchy Gypsy Accessories. I'd love it if you could enter! You could win a gorgeous mint-green statement necklace!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/2013/03/bitchygypsygiveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! i will definitely stop by your blog and enter the giveaway :)

      Delete
  3. Love these! I have always loved and wanted a wall of built in book shelves. And a library...true story. HA. I think it would be a perfect room to have coffee and read the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! I've always wanted a library like this in my house.

    ReplyDelete