Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Blackberry Farm

One of the negatives about living in the Midwest is that there aren't that many places we can get away to for a long-weekend.  Enter Blackberry Farm, a luxury hotel and resort situated on a pastoral 4200-acre estate nestled in the Great Smokey Mountains.  The beautiful hotel is the epitome of rustic luxury, with all the standard amenities such as a pool, tennis course, golf course, spa, yoga classes, etc.  However, they also have a wide variety of activities to allow the nature-lover truly experience the beauty of the area including hiking, fly fishing, canoeing, kayaking, wildflower walks, star gazing, and mountain biking.  If you'd rather let someone else do the work they offer rides through the country side in either a horse-drawn carriage or a Lexus Convertible.  

Still not sold?  Well, to top that off Blackberry Farm is known as a foodie paradise allowing guests can dine on the refined yet rugged "Foothills Cuisine" the area is famous for.  The hotel's dining venue, "The Barn," creates a magical experience that has been featured in Food & Wine, Gourmet and Bon Appétit. The multi-course menus are inspired by seasonal, farm-fresh products and produce, grown just a few feet away.  The hotel also offers cooking courses, wine and whiskey tastings, foraging, a cooking school, and just about every other culinary experience you could ask for.  

So what do you think?  Would you splurge on a weekend getaway to Blackberry Farm?  I most certainly would!

Images via

10 comments:

  1. I literally just googled smokey mountains....Haha. My 9th grade geography teacher is cringing! ha! This place--oh looks BEAUTIFUL. And the food is good---huge added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this place looks amazing! How far is it from your home? I hope you go! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh look stunning!
    Thanks for being my 100th Follower. That is too awesome.
    Following you back in GFC
    xx
    www.atipsytart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful location! It's actually exactly what I want for my wedding location!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jennifer! And the best part is all of the guests could stay there, no need to bus them back to the city!

      Delete
  5. I want to live there for the rest of my life. Is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I'm dying! Would love to stay there...like forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost want to do something like this just because it is so different from what I usually do. (: Thanks for sharing this gorgeous set of photos to get me thinking!

    ReplyDelete