Monday, December 17, 2012

The Helpers

This weekend, I {along with the entire country} have been completely grief stricken by the tragic events that occurred in Newtown, CT.  I found solace in a beautiful quote from Mister Rogers {one of my heros} about trying to see the good in the world in the face of a tragedy.  I hope this can too bring you a little bit of peace during this difficult time.  Please remember to hug your loved ones a little tighter, as we never know how much longer we have in this world.

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." - Mister Rogers

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that beautiful quote from a beautiful soul. May the helpers bring some peace to those who grieve....

    6

    ReplyDelete