Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gift Ideas: Etsy

I discovered Etsy about three years ago, and since then it has been a go-to for gift ideas {as well as home decor and art}.  I love how it connects you with artists and collectors across the globe, and that you are supporting small businesses.  Sometimes however, I am a bit overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of sellers on the site and it can be difficult to find the piece you're really looking for.  Thankfully, over the years I have stumbled upon quite a few amazing shops...some of my favorites being:

Canterwick: How cool are these cloth bound classic that are actually iPhone chargers?  Jane Eyre is one of my all-time favorite classic novels and I would be much happier having that on my nightstand than an ugly white cord.
Doloris Petunia: Gorgeous, one of a kind statement jewelry.  The necklaces are a work of art that can be worn with anything from jeans and a t-shirt to the perfect little black dress.
Alicia Bock: The most dreamy collection of photographs.  I actually purchased three of them a few years ago, and they still make me smile every time I walk by.
maintenant: An incredibly well-curated shop filled with vintage French objects.  My favorite is their amazing collection of gorgeous antique French alarm clocks...want!
ARMINHO: A paper ephemera shop with the cutest little notebooks and posters.  I especially love this Vintage Camera Educational Chart.
Janet Hill Studio: I have always been drawn to portraits, bonus if they have a bit of quirk.  So obviously I was thrilled to stumble upon the glorious Janet Hill Studio.  Her art is lady-like and whimsical, and I especially love the classic portrait of the naval captain with a twist {it's a woman}.
PetiteCo: Filled with dainty and modern jewelry for a great price.
oh, albatross: A vintage seller filled with beautiful and unique goods that will add just the right amount of patina to your space.  I especially love this glass globe that is actually a lamp!

Sidenote: Does anyone know of any good software {preferably free} to do basic photo-editing and create collages on a Mac?  I can barely stand to look at the hideous layout of this post!

1 comment: